The more you know about the country and culture before you go, the more enjoyable
and successful your trip will be whether for business or pleasure.
Mongolia is a marvelous country where you can witness an exceptional merger of the ancient culture and mother land of Chinggis Khaan . Mongolia is the only country which has nomadic life style and nomadic way of living. This is land of blue sky and untouched wild nature.
In today’s fast changing world, Mongolia is considered as one of the few travel destinations that can offer travelers a beautiful, unspoiled landscapes, ancient customs and traditions which have been kept for centuries. Mongolia is located hidden deep in the heart of Asia between Russia and China. The country is best known as a remote, sparsely populated land, full with wonders of the Mongolian unique scenery, simple nomadic lifestyle and hospitality, little changed through the past millennium.
Mongolia and it’s endless steppes, massive ranging mountains, crystal clear lakes and rivers provide variety of activities for both the amateur adventurers interested in exploring the nomadic culture and the experts who have specific dream of adventure in mind.One of the few remaining places where a living history needs no special revival for the tourism industry, Mongolia offers explorers unrivalled hospitality.The Gobi Desert, Khovsgol Lake and Khangai, Khentii Mountain ranges are real home of breathtaking natural wonders.
Facts about Mongolia
- Country name: Mongolia
- Official language: Mongolian
- Population: 3,270,785 (May 12, 2020)
- Area: 1,565,000 square kilometers (604,800 square miles)
- The population density: 2 per Km2 (5 people per mi2).
- Capital city: Ulaanbaatar (1,584,358 people live in the city, 2020)
- Major Religions: 94Buddhist and over 4% Shamanism. Also, Christians and Muslim
- Literacy: Very high, in excess of 92.9%
- Ethnic groups: 85% Mongol, mostly Khalkha Mongol
- Political system: Parliamentary republic. A president elected for four years.
- Voting Qualification: All citizens above 18 years of age
- Natural resources: Oil, coal, copper, molybdenum, gold, silver, iron.
- Agriculture products: Wheat, barley, vegetables, forage crops, sheep, goats, cattle, camels, horses.
- Exports: copper, apparel, livestock, animal products, cashmere, wools.
Mongolia Geography and Nature facts
Mongolia is a land-locked country in the North-East Asia bordering China with 4.673 km in the south and Russian Federation with 3485 km in the north. The total territory of the country is 1.566 million square kilometers making approximately 1 square kilometers per 1.6 persons and 18th largest country in the world. The territory of Mongolia is larger than territories of Great Britain, Germany France & Italy together.
Mongolia encompasses a wide range of terrain, with mountains, grassy steppes, and vast flat desert. Most of the north and west of the country is mountainous or hilly grasslands; the Gobi Desert takes up most of the south and the east. The country is land-locked, and although there are lakes and streams in certain areas, the combination of the terrain and low water supply means that a very small percent of the land is arable.
Average summer temperature +20’C, average winter temperature -26’C, average rainfall 200-220 mm. Winter lasts from November to late April, Spring from May through June, Summer from July through September.
Mongolia has 136 mammal species, almost 400 different types of birds and 76 species of fish.