Coronavirus in Mongolia, Daily Update & Travel
Last updated: 9 July 2020
The first case of coronavirus infection was registered in Mongolia on March 10.
As of July 9, 2020, the number of new coronavirus infections reached 227 in Mongolia. All of them are imported cases, including 4 foreigners and 223 Mongolians flew from abroad. NO community spread cases.
The government of Mongolia, all emergency agencies and health organizations are still working hard and operating 24 hours to preventing from the COVID 19 since January.
Current snapshot of COVID-19 cases in Mongolia
12,161,460 worldwide with 553,168 dead, 6,983,467 recovered and infection has been detected in more than 210 countries. It is fatally rated 4.55% and recovery rate 57.42%.
FESTIVAL & EVENT UPDATES
- Ulaanbaatar International Marathon annually on the third Saturday of May. This marathon has been cancelled amid restrictions preventing the coronavirus pandemic.
- Mongolia Naadam Festival to be live streamed to avoid public gathering between 10 July and 13 July. Based on the Covid-19 preventative measures, the Naadam Festival will be delivered to the entire nation using technological advances and solutions. The Central Stadium and Khui 7 Khudag will not be public gatherings, and everyone will be able to watch the Naadam in many electronic forms and on radio and television.
BUSINESS, RESTAURANT & ATTRACTIONS UPDATES
- Most of all businesses, shops, market and restaurants are working normally.
- The majority of hotels and leisure places are open
- Domestic flights, train and inter-city buses normally run.
- All attractions in the county are open for public.
- The closure of museums and sightseeing in the city until 15 July.
- All bars and nightclubs are closed until 15 July.
COVID-19 Mongolia & Live Update in Global