List of Visa Free Countries to Mongolia
Last updated: 15th February 2022
Visa exemptions: Nationals of the following countries are exempted from visa to enter Mongolia.
- Argentina – up to 90 days
- Belarus – up to 90 days
- Brazil – up to 90 days
- Canada – up to 30 days
- Chile – up to 90 days
- Cuba – up to 30 days
- Germany – up to 30 days
- Hong Kong – up to 14 days
- Israel – up to 30 days
- Japan – up to 30 days
- Kazakhstan – up to 90 days
- Kyrgyzstan – up to 90 days
- Laos – up to 30 days
- Macao – up to 90 days
- Malaysia – up to 30 days
- Philippines – up to 21 days
- Russia – up to 30 days
- Serbia – up to 90 days
- Singapore – up to 30 days
- Thailand – up to 30 days
- Turkey – up to 30 days
- Ukraine – up to 30 days
- United States – up to 90 days
- Uruguay – up to 30 days
Visitors from any country planning to stay in Mongolia for more than 30 days must register with the Mongolia Immigration Agency in Ulaanbaatar within the first seven days of arrival.
DIPLOMATIC AND OFFICIAL /SERVICE PASSPORT
Visa exemption applies only to holders of diplomatic passports of Czech Republic, Estonia (biometric only), France, Italy, United Kingdom and holders of diplomatic or official/service passports of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Latvia, Malta, Mexico, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Peru, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkmenistan and Vietnam.
The Mongolia eVisa is a digital visa that permits foreign nationals to visit the country. You can obtain the visa by applying online with Evisa.mn (Yet this site is under repair right now and we will update the blog as soon as it will be fixed) Inspired by online travel permits now available for other countries, authorities in Ulaanbaatar made the decision to implement an electronic visa system for Mongolia.
- All foreign citizens need a visa for Mongolia and a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival to enter the country. The visa application protocol a foreign passport holder can use depends on their nationality.
- The Mongolia eVisa is a single entry that allows a stay between 30 and 90 days depending on the traveler’s nationality.
- People with dual nationality should choose the nationality according to the passport to be used for the travel.
- The Mongolia eVisa is valid for either tourism or business purposes.
- It is highly recommended that you keep your Mongolia eVisa with you either as a soft copy (smartphone, tablet, etc.) or as a hard copy in case of any failure in the system.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
Passport Personal Details Scan
USA visa or Schengen visa