How to prepare & what to pack
For everyone planning to travel to Mongolia, the following is a list of things you need for your backpack. There are many other items for travel which are not in this list, but depending on the condition of the trip in Mongolia, the following 16 items are listed.
- Passport: Very first thing to pack is your passport. Next is to check the expiration date of your passport. It should be valid for at least 6 months. You need to keep your passport in one of the small, easy-to-carry pockets of your bag. It will be easy to find at the state border without mixing with other items.
8. Sun cream/ Sunglasses: The most important thing for a summer trip is suncream. It’s one of the must-have items to avoid returning home with a sore, wrinkled skin after a trip. Even when it’s not sunny outside, our skin is still damaged by the wind as we open the car windows along the way. Sunglasses also protect your eye from bright sunlight, wind and road dust particles.
11. Emergency whistle: When you face some difficult situation during the trip, you will know it’s easy to carry and a good idea to carry around with you at all times. For example, you can use it to signal to others when you’re stuck in the bathroom/toilet, can’t find your guide in a public place, and get lost while trekking etc.
13. Gift: Our tours designed to enhance your learning, discovery, and people to people experience. For instance, all of our tours include a home visit in nomadic families and explore their daily lifestyle. If you would like to bring some gifts to them, suggested items include Swiss pocket knives, flash light for man, some candies, small toys, crayons/color pencils for house wife and kids are just as fine. Whatever gift you choose to present, the recipient will be most grateful.
14. Clothes: Mongolia is a vast country with various climates and four distinct seasons. Thus traveler may need to pack different clothes at different seasons. But this is especially the case during autumn and spring. suggest you check the climate of your travel season, month and then choose the appropriate clothes. In most cases you will not need to bring towels as you will be provided in the hotels and tourist Ger camps. In general, you should take the easily dry clothes and prepare the umbrella for a rainy day. The things you need to pack enough, for example, are socks, underwear in case to be wet. Walking shoes (boots/ sport wear) are very important during rainy days in summer, also winter because of snowy area. In winter. we suggest you to wear winter jacket, sweaters, mittens, winter boots, sweatshirt, bedsocks and snowpants for dog sledding if possible.
15. Camera: The most important thing is camera for major travelers. But in recent years, most of smartphones have as good quality of camera as professional camera. Here is a list of Best travel camera 2020: 10 vacation-friendly models for your holiday: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/best-travel-camera