Khuvsgul Lake Tour Highlights:
- This luxury private tour takes 3 days to cover the Northern Mongolia for Khuvsgul Lake which is the second largest freshwater lake in Central Asia, making up over 1% of the world’s freshwater storage. It is one of the most beautiful and scenic spots in Mongolia, where high mountain peaks, forests, lush meadows and steppes all form a rich ecosystem and diverse wildlife habitats. Also, possible to visit Tsaatan minority who live in huts and reindeer herding.
Flight to Northern Mongolia- Khovsgol Lake National Park
- At 12:00, transferred to the city airport for the flight to Murun town in the Northern Province.
FLIGHT: Depart at 14:10 and arrival at 15:10 to the local airport.
- Upon arrival, meet your local guide and depart to the Khovsgol Lake, which is known as the Switzerland of Mongolia and second the clearest lake in Central Asia. The Lake water is well known for crystal clear blue and surrounded by beautiful lash green deep forest and magnificent mountains.
- Take a 2 hours’ drive to the Khatgal village on the shore of the lake and explore the village’s life, the market and main port of the lake. On the way, we will see hundreds of grazing livestock and wildlife of northern region of Mongolia
- After explore the port village, transferred to the resort on the shore of the Lake.
- Dinner and overnight at Ashihai Resort.
Accommodation: Ashihai Resort (Wooden Lodge House). Meals: Dinner.
Total distance: Flight ~1.5hrs, Driving for 140km ~ 3.5hrs.
Full day at Khovsgol Lake National Park
Khovsgol province is home to the southernmost indigenous reindeer herding people (Tsaatan) in the world. Some of Tsaatan families came from remote Taiga at the summer camp near to the lake from June until end of August. Reindeer herders practice shamanism and live in teepees and moving around 5 times a year.
- After breakfast, we will take a motorboat trip to meet the reindeer herders. Your guide will help you to learn about the Tsaatan people’s tradition, culture and way of nomadic life.
- In the afternoon is free time for you to be on your own. You can explore the surrounding hills, flower watching, walking along the shore of the lake or hike to the surrounding mountains to have a better look of the crystal blue lake.
If you would like more activity, your guide will organize horse riding, kayaking and scuba diving at the base of additional payment.
Accommodation: Ashihai Resort (Wooden Lodge House).
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Fly back to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel
- Early this morning, we will drive to the local airport in Murun town and take a return flight to Ulaanbaatar.
- On the way, we will visit Uushig ancient Deer Stone Monument as another wonder of the Khuvsgul region. This is most clearly depicted deer stones left behind by bronze-age men. A deer, an arch, a shield, a horse, a knife, the moon, the sun and a mirror figured belt were engraved on the stones.
- After lunch at local restaurant in the Murun town, transferred to the local airport.
FLIGHT: Depart at 15:50 and arrival at 16:50 to the city airport.
- Upon arrival in the city airport, transferred to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Total distance: Flight takes 1.5hrs and 140km driving for ~3.5hrs.
Remark: * A private tour price is based on a group of 2 adults sharing one room.
* If there are more people in your group of family or friends there will be more discounts.
* This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan between 10 Jun and 15 Sep!
What’s included in the Price?
What’s NOT included in the Price?
Just a Kindly Reminder
- Please kindly inquire the availability first, because this tour includes a round trip domestic flight!
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ & HELP
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
During your trip in Mongolia, you will be served mainly European dishes and sometimes authentic Mongolian foods. Lunch and dinner consist of 3-4 courses (soup and/or salad, main course, dessert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ