Near the birthplace of Mongolia’s Great Unifier Chinggis Khaan (Ghengis Khan), the Terelj Hotel is 70 kilometers north of the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar, nestled amongst some of the most carefully protected parkland in the country, Gorkhi-Terelj National Park.
Pristine and right next door, Gorkhi-Terelj National Park in Mongolia’s Tuv province offers the Terelj Hotel guests access to outdoor adventures from bird-watching to hiking and climbing or horseback riding through meadows of edelweiss, grassy steppes and forest-covered mountains. The park is part of the Khan Khentii Strictly Protected Area, a vast, protected and almost uninhabited wilderness.
Although sparsely populated, the park is also home to nomadic Mongolians, offering you a chance to interact with the authentic people of Mongolia – hospitable, gracious and welcoming.
Attractions in Gorkhi-Terelj National Park include:
- Khagiin Khar glacial lake
- Yestii natural hot springs
- The Tuul and Terelj rivers both flow through the park
- Wildlife such as brown bears, wild boar, wolves and over 250 bird species
- Many rock formations for climbers, including two named for their shapes: Turtle Rock (Melkhii Khad in Mongolian) and the Old Man Reading a Book also known as the Praying Lama Rock
- Historic human landmarks, such as the 100-Monks Cave, a hiding place for monks during a period of repression
- The Aryabal Buddhist meditation center is also open to visitors.
More info on tereljhotel.com
- From City center: 70km
- From Airport: 85km
- From Train station: 74km
Rooms & Price:
- Level: 5 stars
- Total of Rooms: 50
- Price from: 290$
|Features of Ikh Khorum Hotel|
|Facilities||24 hour front desk |
Doctor on call
|Indoor pool |
Fitness center or spa Fitness Center
|Internet||Free Wi-Fi in all rooms|
Wi-Fi in public areas