- Discover a part of the world that’s getting noticed for its beautiful nature and its hospitality nation.
- Attend the amazing Naadam Festival, colorful opening ceremony and witness traditional games including national wrestling, horse racing and archery.
- Explore the diverse landscape and must-see attractions of the world-famous Gobi Desert, including the world-famous Bayanzag (Flaming Cliffs), Khongor the biggest sand dunes in the Gobi and Yol Valley its dramatic and very unusual scenery
- Also, visit Terelj National Park with beautiful scenery and Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex, which is the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue.
10 Jul – Day 01: Arrive in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
11 Jul – Day 02: Enjoy at Mongolia Naadam Festival for full day
12 Jul – Day 03: Flight to Gobi- Bayanzag (flaming cliffs)
13 Jul – Day 04: Khongor sand dunes, the biggest sand dunes in Gobi
14 Jul – Day 05: Yol valley, Three beauties of the Gobi Mt. National Park
15 Jul – Day 06: Fly back to Ulaanbaatar -Terelj National Park trip
16 Jul – Day 07: Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – Classic highlights in UB tour
17 Jul – Day 08: Departure
DATE & PRICE
Small-Group Tour – Price 2022
|Arrival date||Departure date||Price: per person (US$)||Spaces|
|Jul 10 (Sat), 2021||Jul 17 (Sat), 2021||$2060||Closed|
|Jul 10 (Sun), 2022||Jul 17 (Sun), 2022||$2060||Available|
- This is a small group tour with a fixed itinerary and guaranteed departures.
- Prices are based on twin occupancy.
- Normally 8pax and max 12 passengers in a group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan for a private tour!
What’s included in the Price?
What’s NOT included in the Price?
10 Jul - DAY 01
Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
Welcome to Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by Amicus driver in the arrivals hall at the international airport and transferred to your hotel. After check-in, free at leisure and have a good rest to recover from the jet lag. If you feel like going for a walk and checking out places nearby, feel free to ask the hotel receptionist for recommendations.
Accommodation: Hotel 4*. Meals: None
11 Jul - DAY 02
Enjoy at Naadam Festival for full day
Today, we will be attending the opening ceremony of the Festival of Naadam in Ulaanbaatar national stadium. It’s Mongolia’s biggest, most colorful and most important annual cultural event, focusing on three sports: horse racing, Mongolian-style wrestling, and archery. It’s no coincidence that all three skills derive from the capabilities of Genghis Khan’s legendary military – a force that conquered and controlled the largest empire the world has ever known.
- At 8am picked up from the hotel lobby, join in Naadam group and visit the central Naadam stadium.
- First visit is stadium of ankle-bone shooting competition.
- Next, visit the archery field. The field will be filled with men and women archers in colorful ethnic national costumes who shooting arrows from their bows.
- We will wander around outside of the Naadam stadium to watch locals who dressed their national costumes, food and trade corners etc.
- Afterwards, we will enter into main stadium for the opening ceremony of Naadam Festival.
- Once finish the opening ceremony, we will watch the beginning of 1st part of Mongolian national wrestling. In the usual 512 wrestler tournament, there will be nine elimination rounds of wrestling over two days.
- After lunch, we will drive out of the city for a hour to Hui Doloon Hudag (horse racing field of Naadam festival) for witness the Naadam horse races, featuring children riding bareback across the steppe. All of these racers are gathered here from each corner of Mongolia.
- You will experience the brilliant madness of the horse race field and the unsurpassed cultural opportunity to watch the horse racing competition included around 150-200 horses. Also, there are you will have a great opportunity to take photography local horse trainers, peoples with traditional garments and so more contrast.
End of these experience, return to the city and transferred to the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel 4*. Meals: B, L.
12 Jul - DAY 03
Flight to Gobi Desert – Bayanzag, Gobi
In the early morning, you will be transferred to the city airport for morning flight to the Gobi Desert (~1.5 hours). Upon arrival, your local Gobi tour guide will meet you and depart to the Bayanzag which is a famous for containing exceptional dinosaur fossils in the heart of the Gobi Desert. Also, this area is well known for red tall hillocks formed as a result of wind and water erosion, which look like fire in the middle of the desert from a distance.
In the 1923, Roy Chapman Andrews and American expedition discovered the first nests of dinosaur eggs from Bayanzag. Their findings proved to the world that dinosaurs laid eggs
We will explore around significant area, including the saxual trees and wander on the red hillocks. Occasionally the pieces of fossilized bones and eggs are still found by visitors. If you found something, don’t touch it, because of removing fossils without a permit is illegal.
Dinner and overnight at Tourist Ger camp near to the Bayanzag
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: B, L, D.
13 Jul - DAY 04
Khongor sand dunes, the biggest sand dunes in Gobi
Today, we will drive through the wilderness of the Gobi to the extraordinary of Khongor, which is one of the most scenic areas of the Gobi Desert. This impressive white sand dunes stretch more than 180km and highest point is around 300m known as Duut Mankhan.
Upon arrival at the tourist camp near to the sand dunes, we will have lunch and time for relaxing at cozy Ger camp until Gobi hot temperature decrease.
In the late afternoon, we will visit local camel herder family in their gear, and explore their unique nomadic lifestyle. Then, we will ride a camel and explore the area from the camel back. Around the area is the perfect place for camel riding. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world. It is a gentle, calm and extraordinary patient animal.
Afterwards, we will make a little excursion to a beautiful green oasis of Seruun Bulag near the Khongor River and sand dunes. Then, take a little drive to the highest point of sand dunes known as Singing Dune and climb up to the Duut Mankhan.
When it is windy some of the dunes give a strange sound like the engines of an aero plane. From the top of the sand dunes, the view of the desert is awesome and a breathtaking view. If you want, we can see the amazing sunshine panorama of sand dunes from the top.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger camp. Meals: B, L, D.
14 Jul - DAY 05
Yol valley, Three beauties of the Gobi Mt. N/Park
After breakfast, we will go ahead to the Yol valley (also called Yolyn Am & Eagle valley) situated in the “Three beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park. This green valley is one of the main highlights in the Gobi Desert and sheltered by high cliff walls and covered with wild flowers and Gobi plants.
In winter season, a narrow stream in the valley creates ice on the bottom of the valley that even lasts during the summer months.
The walk through the valley is a lot of fun, about an hour walking there and an hour of walking back by walking the same route, where you climb over rocks and must jump over the small river. If this walking seems challenging, you can just walk to the middle of the way or horseback through the valley.
The high cliffs that flank the valley are very impressive. You may be lucky enough to spot wild sheep and goat, grazing high on the cliff walls.
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: B, L, D.
15 Jul - DAY 06
Flight to Ulaanbaatar – Terelj National Park trip
Early this morning, transfer to the local airport for morning flight to Ulaanbaatar. Upon arrival in the city airport, depart for Terelj National Park. This is one of the most visited national parks in Mongolia which is by its natural beauty, forested alpine mountains and interesting rock formations (Massive wool-sack weather conditions) very well known.
In the afternoon, we will explore the national park and see Turtle Rock – interesting rock formation looking like a turtle. Also, visit the Ariyabal meditation temple – surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations and sits on top of the mountain. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger camp. Meals: B, L, D.
16 Jul - DAY 07
Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – Ulaanbaatar city tour
After breakfast, we will return to Ulaanbaatar. On the way visit “Genghis Khan Statue Complex” which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure. From here, we use an elevator or walk to the head of the horse through the chest and back neck of the horse, where we can have farseeing and good panorama view over the complex area.
In the afternoon, explore the city and visit “Gandan” Monastery, Mongolia’s largest functioning Buddhist monastery including the Mongolian Buddhist University. The highlight of visiting to Gandan is a 26-meter-high majestic gilded indoor statue of Megjid Janraisig.
Continue to visit the Museum of Mongolian National History – the museum presents Mongolian history and culture from prehistoric times to the present day.
Next, visit Sukhbaatar square which lies at the heart of the city surrounded by important buildings such as government palace, banks and theaters and post office. There is an equestrian statue of Sukhbaatar and a massive Bronze statue of Genghis Khan with his four warriors in front of Parliament House.
Our next highlight is a famous cultural show in the city, which is featuring traditional performances by singers, dancers and contortionists. It’s a great chance to hear Khoomii (throat singing) and see some fabulous costumes. After dinner, transferred to the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel 4*. Meals: B, L, D.
17 Jul - DAY 08
You will be free at leisure in your hotel or wander around on your own until being escorted to the Chinggis Khaan International Airport for your departure flight home. End of service. Meal: Breakfast
FAQ & HELP
- If you would like to book this trip, please send us your request.
- A deposit of 20% of the total tour price is required to book and confirm this trip.
- The balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to departure.
- We accept online payments with Master/Visa/AMEX cards only as a deposit to confirm the trip.
- You should pay the balance to us by wire transfer. Usually it takes 2-3 working days until payment reach in our account.
- Western Union is the fastest way to pay us. We can get your payment in a few minutes once you send the money.
- Cash payment is only accepted in exceptional cases.
You will stay in a good 4-star hotel in Ulaanbaatar. An upgrade is possible on request!
During the excursion in the countryside, you will stay in Tourist Ger camps.
Tourist Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Ger (Yurt) instead of a hotel room and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s the most popular accommodation type for a countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (Mongolian traditional yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities.
Most visitors happy to stay in Ger, which provide an authentic taste of Mongolian culture and adventure, their most enjoyable experience in Mongolia.
More information and pictures: What is the Tourist camp?
During your trip in Mongolia, you will be served mainly European dishes and sometimes authentic Mongolian foods. Lunch and dinner consist of 3-4 courses (soup and/or salad, main course, dessert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
Car: A good car is an important part of your comfort trip in Mongolia. There will be a good 4×4 car for this trip based on the number of people in your group.
Road: The asphalted roads are 40% and the unpaved roads are 60%.
During the trip, it takes approximately 2-6 hours driving (80-280km) from one to next destination depending on road and weather condition on each driving day. But it is not nonstop drive! We can take a short stop frequently everywhere along the road for photographs, toilets, stretch and meet with local nomads.
Hiking boots and sandals, waterproof jacket, raincoat, umbrella, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, comfortable shoe, insect repellent, sunscreen, and prescription medication (if required).
Gear: Camera, binoculars, flashlight and travel lamp. Some Tourist camps do not have 24-hour electricity. It is therefore recommended to bring your own travel lamp!
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ
|Tour Calendar for Naadam Festival Tours 2022||DAYS||DATE||SPACE|
|Naadam Festival & National Parks Around UB||7||09 Jul -15 Jul||Available|
|Naadam Festival & Gobi Desert Classic Tour||8||10 Jul -17 Jul||Available|
|Naadam Festival & Khovsgol Lake Tour||8||06 Jul -13 Jul||Available|
|Naadam Festival & Gobi Desert + National Parks||10||08 Jul -17 Jul||Available|
|Naadam Festival & Mongolia, Nomadic by Nature||10||10 Jul -19 Jul|
|Naadam Festival & Best of Mongolia||11||02 Jul - 12 Jul||Available|
|mongolia-Naadam Festival & Best of Mongolia -II||11||10 Jul - 19 Jul|
|Naadam Festival & Highlights of Mongolia||13||09 Jul - 21 Jul||Available|
|Naadam Festival & Signature of Mongolia||14||06 Jul - 19 Jul||Available|
|Mongolia Golden Circle & Naadam Festival - 16 days Tour||16||29 Jun - 14 Jul||Available|