GENGHIS KHAN'S STATUE COMPLEX - TERELJ NATIONAL PARK
Best selected& Top rated short tour by customer in 2013, 2014
Tour Length: 1 Day
Tour available dates: February 01 - November 30
Possible to choose own date!
Tour cost based on per person:
[1 person: $240, 2 people: $140, 3 people: $110, 4 and more people: $95]
DAY TOUR PROGRAM
Genghis Khan Statue complex & Terelj National Park
- At 9am, your tour guide and driver pick you up from your hotel lobby and depart for Terelj National Park, which is most visited park in Mongolia.
- On the way, we will visit “Genghis Khan Statue Complex” which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure. From here, you can ascend to the head of the horse using an elevator. There you have a good panoramic view over the complex area and the scenery beyond. Then continue to drive to Terelj National Park
- Upon arrival at the Ger camp, we will have lunch.
- Then we will explore the national park and take a short drive to see Turtle Rock - interesting rock formation looking like a turtle and visit Ariyabal meditation temple - surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations and sits at top of the mountain. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park. There is great opportunity to ride a horse.
- Also, we will visit local nomadic family to experience firsthand how people live the country side, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries.
- Afterwards, we will return Ulaanbaatar capital city.
- We will arrive at the hotel around 6pm.
What’s included in the Price?
- English speaking tour guide and driver
- Roundtrip transportation in air-conditioned car, sedan, van or coach for your own use
- Lunch at Ger camp in the National Park
- All entrance fees of attractions, national parks and protected areas ( Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex, Terelj National Park, Ariyabal Meditation temple in Terelj N.P.)
- Complementary drink water during the tour,
- Included all taxes
What’s Not included ?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Daily personal expenses
- Travel insurance (trip, medical and personal)
1. The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group.
2. All the prices for the tour above are subject to reconfirmation from our trip managers when an actual booking is being made. We keep the right to change the itinerary because of weather, or any other conditions not under our control.
3. Child definition: From Age 3 to 11 Years (usually enjoying 10%-40% discount. Contact our trip manager for the actual discount for your case). 12 Years old and above will be charged as Adult Price.
4. All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides. For other languages, please contact our trip advisors for new quotations
Tour Map: Click on Large!
AMICUS TRAVEL FAQ ...?
Q: When do I need to pay?
A: Full payment is required!
Initial documents will be emailed to you within 48 hours of confirming your booking.
Q: What are my payment options?
A: Kindly make full payment via our secured online payment with Visa Card, Master Card, American Express and JCB card.
Q: What is tourist Ger Camp?
A: Tourist Ger camp is traditional style accommodation with full service facilities, most commonly used in outside of the city. The Ger is a round structure of walls, poles and a peaked roof covered with canvas and felt, and tightened with ropes.
Tourist Ger camp - has consists with 20-30 Gers (Mongolian traditional dwelling), restaurant, and some entertainment facilities, western style toilet and hot water showers. Each Ger has 2 to 4 beds and furnished with a table, chairs and wood-stove. Most visitors prefer to stay in Ger, which provide an authentic taste of Mongolian culture and adventure, their most enjoyable experience in Mongolia.
Q: What meal is included? What is the restaurant like?
A: We select restaurants based on our experiences, client satisfaction, location and cuisine. Normally we include three meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) each day during the whole trip.
In Ulaanbaatar, you can expect a good variety of quality restaurants with international foods.
We mostly use following restaurants for lunch & dinner in the city trip: “Modern Nomads”, “bd’s Mongolia Barbeque”, “City Nomads”, “Khaan Ger” and hotel restaurants in Ulaanbaatar. Lunch & dinners are mostly served in Western food, and sometimes Mongolian food, or a combination.
Outside of the city, we generally eat breakfast and dinner in best tourist Ger camp in their region and some day of longer trip take a packed lunch. Your packed lunch will be carried in appropriate containers to prevent spillage or spoiling. Ger camps serve both Mongolian and international foods, and there will usually be a choice of main dish.
Q: I am a vegetarian; will you provide vegetarian meals for me?
A: Sure, we can always make the arrangement according to your requirements. So if you have any special requirements on your food, please let us know so that we can inform the restaurants beforehand to meet your needs.
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ
Reviews & Feedbacks:
"Hey Amicus crew! I had a great time traveling with you in the Gobi. The trip was fantastic. My one year stay in Mongolia wouldn’t have been perfect without this incredible journey. I’ll not forget meeting the nomad families, eating the Khuushur(drinking Mongolian vodka) and having a lot of for with you guys. Thank you Davaa, Ulzii, Jargalmaa, Eric, David, Erwan, Jeff, Micke, and Mr Cool!Mash ikh bayarlalaa (Thank you very much)"
Italy, Sep 04, 2014