What is the best time to go?
The best time to visit Mongolia is during the Mongolian summer, from the mid of June till last week of August. This is the safest time of the year to travel to Mongolia in terms of weather, sunny days throughout Mongolia and sufficient rainfall to make the steppes lush and green.
June and September are both very pleasant times to visit Mongolia. September, autumn is enjoyable, colorful, not hot, and not cold. Nomads have plenty of dairy products and are busy processing milk and preparing for winter. Beautiful countryside of Mongolia is even more beautiful and picturesque with the autumn colors.
Months to Best:
- July is the best time to see the Mongolia Naadam Festival.
- The best season for Gobi Desert tour: from June to September and October is shoulder season.
- July to August is the best season to travel to Northern Mongolia and Khuvsgul Lake tour and September is shoulder season.
- First of October is chance to see Golden Eagle Festival in Altai, Western Mongolia.
- February is the best time to experience Mongolia winter season.
What months in Mongolia are consider green Peak Season (High Season), Shoulder Season, and Low Season?
Generally and traditionally, the Peak Season refers to July and August; the Shoulder Season refers to May, June, September and October; the Low Season refers to January, February, March, April, November and December.