Mongolia Travel Restrictions 2022
-Last updated June 10
” Mongolia fully opened its air borders to international travel from February 14, 2022.
– No negative PCR or rapid test results are required to enter Mongolia before departure.
– No testing is required upon arrival at the border points.
– No quarantine or self-isolation.
* These provisions apply to all ages, and both vaccinated and non-vaccinated.
– When in Mongolia – traveling within the country, between provinces, or getting on domestic flights – No additional requirements.
– Free vaccinations and treatments are available for travelers.
– If COVID PCR test result is required in English when you depart from Mongolia, Click here to find clinics in Ulaanbaatar!
FAQ - Mongolia Entry Requirements
- Tourists are allowed to enter Mongolia from the 14th of February 2022 without quarantine and have no additional requirements from the 14th of March.
- The period of temporary suspension of passengers at land border crossings shall be extended until the end of March 31, 2022.
- South Korea-Seoul, Japan-Tokyo, Thailand-Bangkok, Germany-Frankfurt- (via Moscow)
- Lists of airlines doing international flights from & to UB/Ulaanbatar, Mongolia
- MIAT and AERO MONGOLIA /UB – Tokyo, Japan – UB/
- MIAT /UB – Seoul, South Korea – UB/
- KOREAN AIR and ASIANA AIRLINES /Seoul, South Korea – UB – Seoul/
- MIAT /UB – Frankfurt, Germany – UB/
- TURKISH AIRLINES /Istanbul, Turkey – UB – Istanbul/
- HUNNU AIRLINES /UB – Almaty, Kazakhstan – UB also UB – NurSultan, Kazakhstan – UB/
No “negative” PCR or rapid test results are required to enter Mongolia before departure. Also, No testing is required upon arrival at the border points.
- “Negative” PCR test result is not required for all ages, both vaccinated and non-vaccinated, and effective as of March 14, 2022.
- Mongolians and foreign nationals traveling to Mongolia are Not required to be vaccinated against coronavirus infection (Covid-19).
- It is not required.
- COVID Insurance is not required when visiting Mongolia. But if you want to get insured, it is better to get the insurance in your home country voluntarily.
- All service organizations are working normally according to their schedules.
- The advisories being issued are wearing face masks, practicing social distancing, hand sanitizing, and being actively involved in COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Contact a local health center. Those who test positive will be isolated for treatment.
- Other members of the tour group shall not be isolated in the event of a negative test result.
- Treatment is provided in accordance with the regulations in force in that country.
- If you tested positive, you will be isolated in the nearest health center and get treated. Usually, the period of isolation is around 5-7 days.
- Free vaccinations and treatments are available for travelers.
- Tests are required depending on which country you return to and which airline you fly with.
- For example, Turkish Airlines does not require a PCR test for passengers with 2 doses of vaccine.
- PCR test is around 30-40USD (85000-115000 MNT)
- Rapid test is around 7-10USD (20000-30000 MNT)
- You can book mobile medical services with an additional fee in advance at your hotel.
Source: Operational headquarters of the State Special Commission
Ministry of Health Mongolia