4 Days Gobi Tour Highlights:
- Discover the diverse landscape and must-see attractions of the world-famous Gobi Desert, including the world-famous Bayanzag (Flaming Cliffs), Khongor the biggest sand dunes in the Gobi and Yol Valley its dramatic and very unusual scenery.
- Relaxing in wild nature and exploring the Mongolian nomadic culture… Camel riding, climb to sand dunes, hiking and driving through the wilderness are the main activities.
Flight to the Gobi Desert – Bayanzag (Flaming cliffs)
In early morning, you will be transferred to the city airport for morning flight to Gobi Desert (~1.5 hours).
Upon arrival, your local Gobi tour guide meet you and depart to the Bayanzag which is a famous for containing exceptional dinosaur fossils in the heart of the Gobi Desert. Also, this area is well known for red tall hillocks formed as a result of wind and water erosion, which look like fire in the middle of the desert from a distance.
In the 1923, Roy Chapman Andrews and American expedition discovered the first nests of dinosaur eggs from Bayanzag. Their findings proved to the world that dinosaurs laid eggs
We will explore around significant area, including the saxual trees and wander on the red hillocks. Occasionally the pieces of fossilized bones and eggs are still found by visitors. If you found something, don’t touch it, because of removing fossils without a permit is illegal.
Dinner and overnight at Tourist Ger camp near to the Bayanzag. Gobi desert tour 4 days
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: L, D.
Khongor sand dunes, the biggest sand dunes in Gobi
Today, we will drive through the wilderness of the Gobi to the extraordinary of Khongor, which is one of the most scenic areas of the Gobi Desert. This impressive white sand dunes stretch more than 180km and highest point is around 300m known as Duut Mankhan.
Upon arrival at the tourist camp near to the sand dunes, we will have lunch and time for relaxing at cozy Ger camp until Gobi hot temperature decrease.
In the late afternoon, we will visit local camel herder family in their gear, and explore their unique nomadic lifestyle. Then, we will ride a camel and explore the area from the camel back. Around the area is the perfect place for camel riding. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world. It is a gentle, calm and extraordinary patient animal.
Afterwards, we will make a little excursion to a beautiful green oasis of Seruun Bulag near the Khongor River and sand dunes. Then, take a little drive to the highest point of sand dunes known as Singing Dune and climb up to the Duut Mankhan.
When it is windy some of the dunes give a strange sound like the engines of an aero plane. From the top of the sand dunes, the view of the desert is awesome and a breathtaking view. If you want, we can see the amazing sunshine panorama of sand dunes from the top.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: B, L, D.
Yol Valley, Three beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park
After breakfast, we will go ahead to Yol valley (also called Yolyn Am & Eagle valley) situated in the “Three beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park. This green valley is one of the main highlights in the Gobi Desert and sheltered by high cliff walls and covered with wild flowers and Gobi plants.
In winter season, a narrow stream in the valley creates ice on the bottom of the valley that even lasts during the summer months.
The walk through the valley is a lot of fun, about an hour walking there and an hour of walking back by walking the same route, where you climb over rocks and must jump over the small river. If this walking seems challenging, you can just walk to the middle of the way or horseback through the valley.
The high cliffs that flank the valley are very impressive. You may be lucky enough to spot wild sheep and goat, grazing high on the cliff walls. Gobi desert tour 4 days
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: B, L, D.
Flight back to Ulaanbaatar & transfered to the hotel in UB
Early this morning, transfer to the local airport for morning flight to Ulaanbaatar.
FLIGHT: Depart at 08.40am and arrival in the city airport at 10am.
Upon arrival in the city airport, transferred to your hotel in the city. Meals: Breakfast Gobi desert tour 4 days
1 Person: US$ 1,460
2 Persons: US$ 990 per person
3 Persons: US$ 880 per person
4 Persons: US$ 810 per person
5 Persons & Up: Inquire
Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger.
If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.
What’s included in the Price?
What’s NOT included in the Price?
Just a Kindly Reminder
- Please kindly inquire the availability first, because this tour includes a round trip domestic flight!
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ & HELP
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
During the excursion in the countryside, you will stay in Tourist Ger camps.
Tourist Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Ger (Yurt) instead of a hotel room and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s the most popular accommodation type for a countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (Mongolian traditional yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities.
Most visitors happy to stay in Ger, which provide an authentic taste of Mongolian culture and adventure, their most enjoyable experience in Mongolia.
More information and pictures: What is the Tourist camp?
During your trip in Mongolia, you will be served mainly European dishes and sometimes authentic Mongolian foods. Lunch and dinner consist of 3-4 courses (soup and/or salad, main course, dessert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
- 1st best months: June, July and August.
- 2nd best months: May and September.
More information: The Best time to visit Mongolia
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ