Khustain Nuruu National Park
Private Day Trip
Khustain Nuruu National Park (Wild horse Park) is located about 62 miles (100km) west of Ulaanbaatar. This area is home to the Mongolian wild horse known as a Perzevalski horse (takhi).
The natinal park has a unique landscape that features mountain steppe and steppe, also there are sand dunes representing Gobi of Mongolia and River wetlands. The National Park area is ideal for hiking, horseback riding, ornithology, flower watching, and nature photography.
- Your tour guide and driver pick you up from your hotel lobby at 9am and drive out of the city to Khustain Nuruu National Park. This area is home to the Mongolian wild horse known as Perzevalski horse (takhi) with unique landscape that features mountain and steppe
- After check-in and lunch at Tourist camp, we will drive for wild life observation in southern valley of Ungut Mountain in the national park and to see Ungut, a monument ensemble consisting of man stones from the 6-8th centuries AD.
- Continue to explore the National park and hiking to see the wild horses in their natural habitat. Seeing these truly wild horses which numbered in the hundreds of thousands of years ago, will make you feel like you have traveled thousands of years back in time. There is great opportunity to take photo for these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, roe deer, eagle, and more animals and birds…
- Afterwards, return to the city and transferred to your hotel.
Meal: Lunch. Total distance: 280km, ~5hrs.
1 Person: US$ 220
2 Persons: US$ 135 per person
3 Persons: US$ 110 per person
4 Persons: US$ 90 per person
5 Persons & up: US$ 85 per person
What’s included in the Price?
What’s NOT included in the Price?
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on AmicusMongolia.com are final! So, you can book this trip now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ & HELP
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
During your trip in Mongolia, you will be served mainly European dishes and sometimes authentic Mongolian foods. Lunch and dinner consist of 3-4 courses (soup and/or salad, main course, dessert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
During the excursion in the countryside, you will stay in Tourist Ger camps.
Tourist Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Ger (Yurt) instead of a hotel room and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s the most popular accommodation type for a countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (Mongolian traditional yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities.
Most visitors happy to stay in Ger, which provide an authentic taste of Mongolian culture and adventure, their most enjoyable experience in Mongolia.
More information and pictures: What is the Tourist camp?
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ