Khuvsgul Lake Tour Highlights:
- This private tour takes 3 days to cover the Northern Mongolia for Khuvsgul Lake which is the second largest freshwater lake in Central Asia, making up over 1% of the world’s freshwater storage. It is one of the most beautiful and scenic spots in Mongolia, where high mountain peaks, forests, lush meadows and steppes all form a rich ecosystem and diverse wildlife habitats. Also, possible to visit Tsaatan minority who live in huts and reindeer herding.
Flight to Northern Mongolia- Khovsgol Lake National Park
Today, you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the city airport for the flight to Murun, which is the center of the Northern Province.
Upon arrival, meet your local guide and transferred to the Khovsgol Lake, which is known as the Switzerland of Mongolia and second the clearest lake in Central Asia.
Take a 2 hours’ drive to the Khatgal village on the shore of the lake and explore the village’s life, the market and main port of the lake. On the way, we will see hundreds of grazing livestock and wildlife of northern region of Mongolia
Khovsgol province is home to the southernmost indigenous reindeer herding people (Tsaatan) in the world. Some of Tsaatan families came from remote Taiga at the summer camp near to the lake from June until end of August. Reindeer herders practice shamanism and live in teepees and moving around 5 times a year. We will meet reindeer herders and explore their daily life, custom and sacraments.
Check-in and dinner at Tourist camp, which is located near to the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: L, D.
Total distance: Flight ~1.5hrs, Driving for 140km ~ 3.5hrs.
Full day at Khovsgol Lake National Park
This morning, we will explore the national park from horse back. Mongolia is the best destination for horse riding trip and especially Khovsgol Lake is the best recommended place for this experience.
After given preliminary instructions, orientation about horse riding, we will discover around nature from horseback until lunch time.
In the afternoon is free time for you to be on your own. You can explore the surrounding hills and walking along the shore of the lake. The Lake water is well known for crystal clear blue and surrounded by beautiful lash green deep forest and magnificent mountains.
Also, there is a great opportunity to do hiking, kayaking, ride motor moat or just enjoy at wild nature to take photos.
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: B, L, D.
Fly back to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel
Early this morning, we will drive to the local airport in Murun town and take a return flight to Ulaanbaatar.
On the way, we will visit Uushig ancient Deer Stone Monument as another wonder of the Khuvsgul region. This is most clearly depicted deer stones left behind by bronze-age men. A deer, an arch, a shield, a horse, a knife, the moon, the sun and a mirror figured belt were engraved on the stones.
Upon arrival in the city airport, transferred to your hotel in the city. Your amazing Khovsgol Lake trip ends.
Total distance: Flight takes 1.5hrs and 140km driving for ~3.5hrs.
Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger.
If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.
What’s included in the Price?
What’s NOT included in the Price?
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- Please kindly inquire the availability first, because this tour includes a round trip domestic flight!
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ & HELP
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
During the excursion in the countryside, you will stay in Tourist Ger camps.
Tourist Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Ger (Yurt) instead of a hotel room and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s the most popular accommodation type for a countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (Mongolian traditional yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities.
Most visitors happy to stay in Ger, which provide an authentic taste of Mongolian culture and adventure, their most enjoyable experience in Mongolia.
More information and pictures: What is the Tourist camp?
During your trip in Mongolia, you will be served mainly European dishes and sometimes authentic Mongolian foods. Lunch and dinner consist of 3-4 courses (soup and/or salad, main course, dessert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
More read: Mongolia Travel FAQ