Mongolia Visa Policy
Visitors must obtain visa approval prior to entry. A tourist visa for Mongolia can be obtained from any Mongolian Embassy or consulate office worldwide.
Visas are valid for 30 days and can be extended through our head office in Mongolia.
Requirement & Procedure
- Passport valid for 6 months beginning first day of travel
- Visa Application form Click here to download the Visa Application Form
- One passport-size photo
- A letter of invitation from the host company in Mongolia.
- Visa fee: The visa fee depends on Embassy and type of visa you have required.
Please contact in person by telephone or e-mail the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Mongolia.
(Mongolian diplomatic and consular missions abroad).
Pre Approved Visa is only available for who travel from the countries with no Mongolian embassy or consulate office!
Country and its Citizen Do Not Need Mongolia Visa for All Type of Passport:
|America & European Countries|
|1||Hong Kong||14 days|
Ukrain* – All passports /with official invitation/
Last updated: 15 Feb, 2022
The Mongolia eVisa is a upcoming digital visa that permits foreign nationals to visit the country. You can obtain the visa by applying online with Evisa.mn (Yet this site is under repair right now and we will update the blog as soon as it will be fixed) Inspired by online travel permits now available for other countries, authorities in Ulaanbaatar made the decision to implement an electronic visa system for Mongolia from summer 2021.
- All foreign citizens need a visa for Mongolia and a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival to enter the country. The visa application protocol a foreign passport holder can use depends on their nationality.
- The Mongolia eVisa is a single entry that allows a stay between 30 and 90 days depending on the traveler’s nationality.
- People with dual nationality should choose the nationality according to the passport to be used for the travel.
- The Mongolia eVisa is valid for either tourism or business purposes.
- It is highly recommended that you keep your Mongolia eVisa with you either as a soft copy (smartphone, tablet, etc.) or as a hard copy in case of any failure in the system.
Children under the age of 4 are exempt from presenting the PCR test.
A visa does not guarantee entry into Mongolia. your entry still can be refused at the time of arrival.
Please carry a copy of the e-visa with you at the time of arrival and during the stay in Mongolia.
Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatory captured at the border control office at the time of arrival.
- The cost of a Mongolia visa changes slightly depending on the country of application and local currency. A single-entry 30-day visa is approximately USD 50 to USD 70. Visas with a longer duration will be more expensive.
- The Mongolia eVisa is not allowed for employment, NGO activities and any other purposes except its own purpose.
Travelers eligible for an E-visa who wish to visit Mongolia for longer consecutive stays or obtain a work visa or student visa must apply for a visa from their nearest Mongolian diplomatic government office.
Over 175 nationalities can easily submit an application for a Mongolia tourist visa online.
Citizens of an additional 65 countries are not eligible for the Mongolia E-visa for tourism and must apply for a tourist visa from a Mongolian embassy or consulate. You should begin the embassy tourist visa application well in advance of your intended arrival date in Mongolia to allow for sufficient time for processing and approval.
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp.
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
- 1st best months: June, July and August.
- 2nd best months: mid of May and September